Add tagComments 0 Share this page
The parts of the iconostasis, that are dated in the 17th-18th c., have different origins: the wood-curved part is from the Ionian Islands, the upper part from Asia Minor while the icons are from workshops of Ionian Islands and Northern Greece. The iconostasis was assembled for the first time in 1923, in order to be on display in the Academy of Athens, the first house of the Museum. It was assembled again in 1930, when the Museum moved to its permanent home, and for the last time in 2010, when it was restored by modern methods in order to be displayed in the new permanent exhibition.
- Collection: Icons and Wood-Carvings
- Type: ICONOSTASIS
- Origin: Ionian Islands, North Greece, Asia Minor.
- Measurement: 360 x 21 x 487,5 cm
- Exhibit Number: ΒΧΜ 12581
- Appears in: IV.3c. Church: Place of workship/site of social cohesion
Users must be registered and logged in to comment.
No comments found.