Add tagComments 0 Share this page
Double-sided icon: Side A: Crucifixion, Side B: Virgin and Child. The nobility and restrained sorrow characteristic of the slender aristocratic figures on the back are rendered with superb quality. The treatment of the colours on both sides is also masterly. The stylistic features of the icon reveal that it was executed in a fine Constantinopolitan workshop in the 14th c.
- Collection: Icons and Wood-Carvings
- Origin: Constantinople
- Creator: Workshops of Constantinople
- Measurement: 103 x 84,5 x 4,5 cm
- Exhibit Number: ΒΧΜ 01354
- Appears in: II.8. THE PALAIOLOGAN PERIOD: THE FINAL FLOWERING OF BYZANTIUM BANNER
Users must be registered and logged in to comment.
No comments found.