Add tagComments 0 Share this page
Drawing (charcoal and pencil) depicting the Resurrection. Painted by the German artist Ludwig Thiersch. It was given by him together along with about 150 drawings to the Christian Archaeological Society in 1893. In 1923, it entered the Museum's collections. Ludwig Thiersch was born in Munchen where he studied painting and sculpture. In 1852 he accepted an invitation from Otto King of Greece to take a Professor’s position in the School of Arts. In Athens he worked as a painter for the decoration of the Russian Church together with Nikephoros Lytras, Spyridon Chatzigiannopoulos et al. He also painted a scene depicting the Speech of Apostle Paul in Areopagus in a Hall of the Municipality's central building.
- Collection: Manuscripts, Codices, Early Printed Books, Engravings and Drawings
- Type: DRAWING
- Origin: Church of the Holy Trinity, Livorno
- Creator: Ludwig Thiersch
- Measurement: 232 x 406 cm
- Exhibit Number: ΒΧΜ 18059
- Appears in: IV.5. Religious painting in the Hellenic State
Users must be registered and logged in to comment.
No comments found.