Painted by the Lacedaimonian Panagiotis Doxaras. It is a largely unknown till recently sketch of the ceiling decoration of the church of Hagios Spyridon in Kerkyra (Corfu). The significant 18th c. painter used for the needs of this work the shape that had also been used by Paolo Veronese for the work “Apotheosis of Venice"" in palazzo Ducale, Venice.
- Collection: Icons and Wood-Carvings
- Type: PORTABLE ICON
- Origin: Ionian Islands
- Creator: Panagiotis Doxaras
- Measurement: 72 x 57,5 cm
- Exhibit Number: ΒΧΜ 02069
- Appears in: IV.1b. Painting in Ionian Islands: a justifiable hybrid