The carved wooden epitaphios is in the form of a church. It is decorated with three scenes from the life of the Virgin, the Virgin at Prayer on Mount Olive, the Dormition and the Assumption. It is coming from the Church of the Annunciation on the island of Kimolos, and was used until 1858 for the litany of the icon of the Virgin on the Feast of the Dormition (15 August), a custom found throughout the Cyclades. It was donated to the Christian Arcaheological Society in 1904 by his owner Georgios Logothetis. In 1923 it entered the Museum Collections.