The marble relief icon of the 12th c. is coming from the Church of Hagios Athanasios in Thessaloniki. It is one of the 1600 objects that the first Museum’s Director A. Adamantiou (1914-1923) transferred to Athens from Thessaloniki for safety reasons in a difficult historical period in 1916. Most of these objects returned to Thessaloniki in 1994, when the Museum of the Byzantine Culture was founded.
- Collection: Sculpture
- Origin: Church of Hagios Athanasios in Thessaloniki
- Measurement: 103,5 x 63 x 7,5 cm
- Exhibit Number: ΒΧΜ 00983