The dome comes from the north chapel of Spilia Pendeli, Attica, which was dedicated to Saint Nicholas. It is dated by inscription to 1233/1234. It was made by a local workshop based in the general region of Attica in the 13th century. At the apex of the dome, in a circular frame with red ground, Christ Pantokrator is depicted. In the drum the Virgin is depicted, flanked by the archangels Michael and Gabriel and eight prophets (David, Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Habakkuk, Jonah, Daniel and Elijah). The wall-paintings in the dome of the Chapel of Hagios in the Penteli Cave, were detached in 1982 by specialized conservators of the Archaeological Service. The church had problems in its load-bearing structure while repeated attacks by thieves specializing in antique religious works and artefacts have caused considerable damage to the church’s painted interior.